SAIC has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer. This is a remote position. The Senior Software Engineer designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting. End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determining computer user needs
- Analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
- Prepares operating instructions.
- Designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Required Education: Bachelors and 5+ years or more experience; Masters and 3+ years or more experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in web application development
- Experience in C#, Java or similar languages
- Software development experience across legacy and modernized technology stacks
- Familiarity with agile SDLC practices such as Scrum
- Familiarity with unit testing
- Knowledge of OWASP or other secure coding practices
- Strong communication skills
- Focus on team collaboration and mentoring
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience with decoupled or microservice application development
- Experience with React or Angular
- Experience with CICD pipeline and other DevOps practices
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.