The Contracts Representative will be responsible for administering government contracting activities with contract types including Cost Plus, T&M, and Fixed Price. The position requires extensive contracting knowledge of and experience in the federal government. Must be a team player, and able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Conducts the preparation, negotiation, acceptance, and management of government contracts and subcontracts to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
This position is 100% remote nationwide.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and fully understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Providing leadership in contract execution, anticipating and resolving problems, and ensuring inter-group communication and cooperation.
- Assesses issues, risks, and develops solutions.
- Responsible for compliance with all Government contract requirements, internal policies, and all Federal, State and applicable laws.
- Supporting the Program Manager by providing guidance on contractual requirements and developing business strategies to continually improve contract position.
- Preparing compliant TINA covered cost proposals/narratives.
- Developing and maintaining strong customer relationships with Contracting Officer and Contracts Specialist.
- Maintain a contract baseline with requirements and responsibilities, continually briefing new Program Team members on contractual obligations.
- Strong Negotiation Skills.
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners and interact with senior leadership
- Ability to resolve highly complex issues, develop negotiating strategies and provide creative solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of Contracts experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience in administration of Federal government contracts.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance as needed by program
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.