SAIC has a need for a Web application tester with at least 2+ years of experience. The group is focused on developing and maintaining Web applications that support the enrollment, payment and contract maintenance processes for all Conservation Programs administered by the U.S Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency.
- Developing and executing test plans, test cases and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements
- Developing test plans, test schedules and approaches.
- Conducting walk-throughs on test cases/scripts with Test Managers, Requirements Leads, Project Managers and Development Leads.
- Performing and leading tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performing verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documenting and communicating test results.
- Supporting analysis of test results and resolution of open issues
- Documenting and working to resolve complex problems.
- Reporting progress on problem resolution to management
- Devising improvements to current procedures and developing models of possible future configurations.
- Creating test metrics and reporting.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or relevant discipline and two years or more experience or equivalent experience without a degree
- 2+ years experience in manual testing
- 2+ years experience in automation (Selenium Web Driver)
- Expertise in Test automation tools (Cucumber, Selenium)
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with QA tools and techniques, and bug tracking systems (e.g. JIRA, ALM)
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, test automation design, and iterative development
- Experience documenting test plans and test cases
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.