SAIC is seeking a VMware SME to support efforts on the Revolutionary Information Technology Services (RITS) contract with the US Army.
This work can be performed 100% REMOTE.
Qualified candidate will have the following duties.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in designing, engineering, implementing, and operating VMWare SDDC platforms using VMWare 6.x or higher
- Provide As-Is and To-Be technical designs, assessments, gap and risk analysis
- Develop strategy for modernization that includes discovery, requirement analysis, application design and specification, systems integration, workload migration, product customizations, solution test plan, and quality assurance
- Participate in the planning and design of services and systems
- Update existing infrastructure to the latest version of vSphere 6.7 with best practices for support of NSX, vRealize, vCloud Foundations (vCF)
- Develop baseline configurations for ESXi hosts including the implementation and maintenance of security standards, specifically DISA STIGs
- Develop, apply, and maintain resource pools within VMWare and assessing overall performance for workload performance
- Coordinate with the technical points of contact for networking, security, and applications to migrate services and data
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more experience (4 years of equivalent expereince accepted in lieu of degree) in datacenter virtualization
- DoD 8570 Baseline Security Certification for an IAT level 2 (Security+CE)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience developing technical solutions in virtualization
- Must possess an active Secret clearance
- Expertise and hands-on experience with full suite vSphere services including vCenter, DRS, SRM, vVOLs, fault tolerance, patching, and high availability
- Design, implement, support, and monitor performance management of enterprise VMware vSphere environments across data centers
- Strong storage, networking, and system engineering experience
- Exposure to other VMware products like NSX, vRealize, vROps, Horizon (VDI)
- Ability to troubleshoot complex migration and configuration problems or system issues
- OS experience with Windows 10, Server (2012-2019), RHEL 6+
- Experience with SAN and NAS storage (specifically NetApp) for array integration, multipathing, RDMA
- 3-5 years' experience with NetApp storage - creation of volumes, modifying NFS exports, attaching the latter to ESXi clusters
- Expert Knowledge of private/hybrid cloud, AWS, Azure
- Strong leadership, and team partnering skills; excellent written and oral communications skills; emphasis on documentation of system designs (Visio)
- Must be able to apply technical principles, theories, and concepts; expected to contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
- Any scripting skills (PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- Additional professional certification (VCP, MCP, MCSA, CCNA, et cetera)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.