SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer III to support the Ready, Relevant Learning Ecosystems (RRLE) program under the US Navy. This position will be located in Dam Neck/ Virginia Beach, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in the Spring of 2022.
- Develops, researches, designs, implements, tests, and evaluates software and systems, that enable computers to perform their applications.
- Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematics.
- Ability to develop web based software using an agile software development methodology.
- Ability to develop software that runs in a Docker/Linux container environment.
- Ability to write well designed, testable, efficient code using best software development practices.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's level degree in Computer Science or similar Computer Engineering discipline + 9 years’ work related experience in Software Engineering or a Masters +5 years’ related experience.
- Ability to apply extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of other disciplines.
- Ability to receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish goals to meet those objectives
- Ability to provide guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance to established policies.