Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in Colorado Springs,CO who assist the US Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying the next generation space and ground systems for missile warning (MW) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Requirements Engineer with experience analyzing space and ground system architectures. We are looking for an innovative, creative, and highly motivated individual to identify, control, maintain, and evolve an enterprise requirements baseline reflecting Government-approved requirements at the external and inter‐program level of the USSF enterprise and maintain these requirements in Model-Based Systems Engineering software and in the DOORS tool. A successful Requirements Engineer will possess knowledge and experience with space and ground systems engineering, system concepts of operations, requirements development, and requirements management activities.
Major duties of the position include:
- Supporting establishment of the system’s technical baseline and ensure changes to the approved baseline are allocated, communicated and synchronized with contractors’ technical baselines
- Ensuring all operational, enterprise, program, and interface requirements are appropriately documented and maintained in Model-Based Systems Engineering software and in the DOORS database and flow to the correct specifications and interfaces
- Validating flow-down of intra-program requirements from the system specification for bi-directional traceability between the requirements baseline and the source documents
- Identifying all unmatched DOORS requirements for Government resolution and verify that requirements traceability and verification requirements are met
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the USSF
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with demonstrated system engineering and integration experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA, or NRO programs with a proven delivery record. Relevant system engineering and integration experience to be evaluated and considered for acceptability in lieu of technical Bachelor’s degree
- Specific skills and experience using Rational DOORS
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, engineering review boards, and change control boards
- Experience working with Space Force/Air Force/DoD customers across space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met
- MW Mission experience
- Advanced Degree in Science, Engineering or Math
- Experience as a DOORS administrator
- Experience working with Model-Based Systems Engineering software tools, such as SPARX Enterprise Architect or No Magic CAMEO
- Active Secret Clearance with ability to upgrade
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.