SAIC is seeking a Technical Data Analyst to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This position will be partially flexwork/work from home/telework with some on-site work until government restrictions are lifted due to COVID-19 mitigation concerns. Once these restrictions are lifted this position will resume on-site work at Crane Naval Base.
Candidate will support the Maritime Electronic Warfare Division at NSWC Crane. The main objective of this position is the management of technical data, which provides a framework to acquire, manage, maintain and ensure access to the technical data and computer software required to manage and support a system throughout the acquisition life cycle. Key technical data management considerations include understanding and protecting Government intellectual property and data rights, achieving competition goals, maximizing options for product support and enabling performance of downstream life-cycle functions.
- Performs system fault analysis, life cycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS) of major systems.
- Inherently included as logistics tasks are program formulation, policy planning, coordination, inspection, integrated logistics processes, joint planning logistics, acquisition and wholesale logistics, product support, asset visibility, material management and supervision.
- Requires an understanding and wide application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Performs assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure meeting objectives.
- Administers company policies that directly affect employees.
- Recommends changes to team policies. Develops solutions to a variety of problems moderate in scope and complexity.
- May refer to policies, procedures and practices.
- Works under only general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Ensure verification of content, format, and quality of all required product-related data received from originators.
- Inspect contractually ordered data deliverables to ensure markings are in accordance with the relevant data rights agreements and DFARS clauses and contain appropriate distribution statements and/or export control statements.
- Ensure all changes to the data are made in a timely manner and are documented in the program IDE or PLM system.
- Evaluates engineering data for supportability for a new or fielded major equipment system or multiple sub systems.
- Establishes and sustains data elements associated with the logistics support analysis record.
- Reviews and analyzes equipment usage data to identify failure or maintenance task impacts.
- Assists the planning, coordination, review, development, integration, and execution of acquisition logistics and lifecycle sustainment strategies.
- Responsibilities include:
- Document and report discrepancies to the assigned Task Manager and/or COR for documentation in the contract history file.
- Provide logistics Configuration Data Management (CDM) and Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) support to the customer by evaluating the configuration statuses of production assets, ensuring applicable logistics documentation, and technical and design specifications are consistent with the as-built configuration, and approved baselines.
- Participate in Government review processes to track and report on configuration change management developments including Diminished Manufacturing Sources (DMS) and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- DOD or Navy Logistics experience preferred.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance.