Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA that directly assists the US Space Force (USSF) in in developing and deploying next-generation, advanced capability space systems. The work supports the National Space Defense Labs (NSDL) contract on the Horizon Program that focuses on state-of-the-art emerging technologies that includes Multi-security level data fusion, Cloud Migration, Software Integration, Big Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Digital Engineering, Model-Based Systems Engineering and 3D Visualization using latest gaming engine and virtual and augmented reality. Currently we are seeking innovative, creative, and highly motivated Modeling and Simulation Engineers to assess space and ground system architectures and system performance, and develop models and simulations that effectively capture system and system of systems effects in complex operational environments. These roles provide systems engineering and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center's Special Programs Directorate.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing, developing, and verifying simulations and analysis plans, as well as other work products such as gap analyses or Technical Performance Measures (TPM) assessments that enable key program and architectural decisions.
- Generating analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, creating technology roadmaps, developing requirements and specifying the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios.
- Supporting requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development as well as working with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
- Identifying needs and opportunities for independent assessment and improvement of the enterprise and/or system
- Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
- Developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design.
- Supporting analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools
- Quantifying performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, scenarios, and/or threats
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers
- Working closely with the government customer to understand needs and collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the Space Force.
Required Education / Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering with 14+ years of related experience in modeling and simulation experience; 12+ years with a Masters
- Experience with systems engineering techniques and tools
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
- Experience scripting for analysis purposes
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers to provide alternatives analysis and evaluate CONOPS, with application to space and/or ground systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and interpersonal skills
Must have an active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility and be willing to consent to a Poly. Active TS/SCI clearance preferred.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Advanced Degree
- Experience with MATLAB, C++, Java, or other programming languages
- Experience with STK, AFSIM, Simulink, Model Center, or other comparable modeling and simulation tools
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Cameo Enterprise Architect, Sparx Enterprise Architect, or other comparable tools
- Broad experience with the space mission area, including space situational awareness, space control, satellite design, and sensor physics
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.