SAIC has an immediate need for a Software Architect to support the Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (MLRS) located in Huntsville, Alabama.
Temporary remote due to COVID 19.
The candidate will be a member of the architecture team that is responsible for the system architecture, program reference architecture, technical governance of the software development teams, and perform software development tasks as subject matter experts of embedded software for weapons systems. The candidate will also participate in software team meetings, architecture planning and implementation meetings, hardware and software design reviews, and technical interchange meetings.
Key goals of the software architecture team align with job duties and include:
- Oversee execution strategy across all program efforts
- Cross program, portfolio level considerations for new project design, communication, implementation, documentation, and process
- Provide input to functional areas from SME architectural position as related to systems, cyber, and software, and safety engineering
- High-level software architecture decisions and designs, including querying of SMEs as needed, in key SW areas (i.e. OS, BSP, messaging, Intra/Inter CSCI)
- Define software best practices and work with process team and DevOps to implement
- Provide definition and input to branching strategies, including integration of branches
- Enable entire organization to make best practices become habit - Coding standards, Reviews, Design Process, and Estimation
- Preview incoming projects and capabilities to ensure team is implementing current programs that fit future expectations
- BS and 9+ years of related experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Software Architecture experience (design and implementation)
- Strong C++ experience and other Object Oriented Languages
- Object Oriented Design methods and practices
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to foster communications across teams and cross functional groups.
- Ability to mentor software engineers on correct architecture, design, and implementation processes
- Working with cross-functional teams with many engineering disciplines
- Designing for maximum code re-use across programs
- Architecture Frameworks such as DoDAF
- Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Creating Architecture Views and decomposing to specific Implementation and Design Views
- Software Development and Experience with Distributed Embedded Systems
- MS Visual Studio (VS2017), VxWorks, Linux, SCM tools
- Enterprise Architect
- Agile Development Lifecycle Experience
- Software Safety in a MIL-STD-882E context
- Must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance prior to start. Current SECRET clearance preferred.