We are seeking a Senior Cost Strategist with an engineering or technical background to be a key member of our proposal team within the National Space and Security Sector. This position will focus on shaping our solutions / price estimates into competitive and compelling price proposals for key strategic opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of Federal Contracts Acquisition Processes, the critical nature of pricing strategy / basis of estimate modeling and its significant impact on the ability to win and execute opportunities.
· Integrate with proposal team members to comprehend the opportunity requirements, budget, contract type, evaluation criteria, customer risk and award tendencies.
· Lead the overall business solution/pricing approach and BOE modeling.
· Coordinate/manage mapping the RFP (SOW/PWS, CLINS, and CDRLs), Level of Effort (LOE) and Basis of Materials (BOM) estimations, skill mix, leveling, and time phasing inputs with SAICs SME's, Technical Architects, and Operations Leads for inclusion into SAIC BOE models.
· Work with solution architects in interpreting proposal requirements, estimating the level of effort and other direct costs, tools and materials.
· Coordinate with SAIC Procurement Operations to support pricing negotiations with subcontractors to ensure best value is obtained and subcontractor and vendor quotes are aligned with the overall pricing strategy.
Integrate pricing strategy and tactics into basis of estimates to achieve price competitiveness / financial expectations
QualificationsBachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.