The Managed Service Organization Network Operations Center, a multi-tenant network operation support team, located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, currently has an opening for the position of Network Engineer Associate. The MSO NOC supports SAIC's internal network, the associated ISMC network, and multiple client networks. We work with numerous teams and individuals via email, telephone, chat, and direct ticket submission. We support off hour's coverage for all customers, ensuring 24/7 seamless operations. Applicants must be flexible to work any 8-hour shift within our hours of operation, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with possibility of overnights, weekends, and holidays. This position is for a five-day, 40-hour workweek. We are seeking candidates who live in, or around, the Oak Ridge/Knoxville area in East Tennessee or in the Cookeville area in Middle Tennessee.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspect LAN/WAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs
- Perform troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network
- Evaluate network performance and find ways of improvement
- Test, configure, and maintain network hardware and peripheral devices
- Assist End-Users is identifying and resolving network related issues
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their own work
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field and 0 years of related experience; AS degree and two years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of, network architecture, firewalls, switching and routing, and optical/telecom networking.
- Knowledge and experience configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting Cisco network equipment.
- Familiarity with concepts and best practices of Network Security.
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on accurate and succinct documentation of all work performed for ticketing purposes and collaborating with team members.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance.
- Available for shift oriented work, in a 24/7 environment, and able to work holidays as needed.
- Ability to acquire Public High Trust clearance.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Applicant should be working towards, or already have their CCNP/CCNA Security/SEC+.
- Demonstrated experience in NOC environment.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.