SAIC is hiring a Technical Support Specialist to join our team in Pyeongtaek, Korea.
The Cybersecurity, Network Operations and Maintenance of IT Support Team will provide professional, contract, technical, logistics, and management support for the USACISA-P as one of their the service providers in the Republic of South Korea (ROK). For the US and Allied units throughout the ROK, the USACISA-P mission includes contract oversight, supporting and providing input for implementation, operations, support, and maintenance of assigned technology systems, including critical support for US and allied military leadership. Support requires work to have work performed in the ROK as designated Mission Essential staff members, and therein staff members will be afforded Invited Contractor (IC) status in accordance with the Mutual Defense Treaty between the ROK and the USA as defined in US Force Korea Regulation 700-19.
- This may be a shift work position in a 24x7x365 environment requiring flexibility in work hours.
- Responsible for providing the first-line of customer support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers and/or employees.
- Answers basic questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products.
- Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- Escalates complex problems to higher tiers as required.
- Typically provides customer support for internal and external customers.
- Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization.
- Documents all customer interactions within a ticketing system.
- This is a pathway position for aspiring IT professionals.
- Career progression may include government security clearances and industry certifications.
- Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket for English and Korean speaking customers in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems.
- Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems utilizing historical database records.
- May route calls to product line specialists, application, or system support specialists. Maintains and updates records and tracking databases.
- Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: N/A
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Considerable knowledge of the job.
- Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Supervision Received: General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Errors may be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involved obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field and one year related experience; Or, High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification.
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must have a FINAL U.S. SECRET Clearance and a favorable Tier 5 Background Investigation.
- Personnel must be at least Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II-certified (or higher) prior to start date. Must have any one of the following certifications at a minimum IAT II:
- IAT Level II - Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CNS, or SSCP
- Computing Environment Certification required (e.g Windows, Linux, Cisco, etc) prior to start date
- All personnel must be ITIL Foundation certified at time of contract start (or must be able to obtain within 60 days from hire date)
Desired (not required):
- Bilingual in Korean / English preferred but not required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.