SAIC is looking for outstanding IT candidates to join our Civilian Markets Group in support of the Federal Aviation Administration Integrated Service Center (FAA ISC). SAIC leads the way to provide customer-centric IT Service Management (ITSM) focused on improving service, and leveraging processes and strategies with an emphasis on timely IT services and support.
You will be part of the Tech Dispatch team, responsible for onsite support of incidents and service requests that cannot be resolved remotely by Service Center Staff. In this role you resolve, track, and manage escalated technical problems within Remedy. Travel (up to 25%) may be required to support remote FAA sites that do not have local technicians assigned.
- Installs software, modifies settings, and replaces hardware as required to resolve the incident.
- Resolves desktop and network issues to restore service.
- Understands premise wiring/cabling best practices.
- Uses ITSM and Remedy ticket processes to document actions taken and executes hardware or software deployment.
- Supports lifecycle asset management (LCAM) of IT equipment – deployment through exchange/disposal.
- Ensures troubleshooting and resolutions are accomplished using industry best practices, resolves technical issues, ensures issues resolved per FAA direction, and documents installed configuration.
- Makes updates to the knowledge base by creating documentation describing issues encountered, their resolutions, and works on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field and 2 years of related experience; Associate’s degree in an IT related field and 9 years of related experience; or HS and 10 years of related experience
Desired Experience & Certifications
- Technical proficiency in supporting desktop, server, printer, and network equipment.
- IT Certification(s)
- HDI Certification(s)
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance. Must obtain interim public trust to start work.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.