SAIC is seeking an Ground Software Chief Engineer to fill a critical position. The position will be located in Chantilly, VA. All candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
Candidate will support a large SETA contract, supporting the customer’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of ground software systems over the complete life cycle.
This position will provide engineering expertise and leadership supporting for the acquisition of software services over multiple domains. SAIC’s client is tasked with leading the integration of mission focused tools to foster increased efficiency, automation and information sharing. The qualified candidate will assist and advise Government managers responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead technical and programmatic interchanges; identify and resolve issues
- Provide program management and improvement recommendations to the Government customer
Lead strategic technical initiatives on behalf of the Program Manager from inception to closure
- Apply systems analysis and design methodology assessments to identify trade-offs against current and proposed/desired software system design
- Provide advice and support to manage programs throughout the life-cycle including: cost, schedule, and performance.
- Provide acquisition and programmatic expertise to support the planning of future systems and architectures
- Develop briefings and documentation material for Program / Project Manager’s engagements, including developing technical roadmaps and the acquisition strategies/documentation to implement them.
- Lead agile process evolution across Government teams, development contractors, user engagement teams, and stakeholders
You will work side-by-side with the other staff comprised of world class System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Experts to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications.
- Active Top Secret Clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelor degree in business, engineering, science, or related discipline and a mimimum of 20 years total experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering as applied to satellite/ground architectures, spacecraft and payloads
- Significant mission expertise in ground software development supporting SIGINT and/or GEOINT domains
- 2+ years of experience supporting system architecture, design or development in an AWS/C2S or other Cloud environment
- Strong engineering background with domain knowledge in Agile software development practices and Cloud computing architectures
- Demonstrated understanding of Systems Engineering and Acquisition processes.
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong oral and written communications to support interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors at all levels on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between all organizations within a high-tempo environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in Dev/Sec/Ops delivery of software capabilities for AWS/C2S optimized environments
- Expertise and experience with the IC acquisition cycle, requirements processes, budgetary practices, and acquisition documentation
- Experience in developing architectures and engineering approaches for space/ground closure
- Experience developing technical integration and test strategies for large ground segment transitions